Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crazy antics....

Yes, the antics around our house NEVER end. And, in fact they always happen right when I sit down to nurse Zoe. I should, by now, be "onto them" and know that when it gets quiet that is never a good thing. The older two have gotten into something every week for the past 3 weeks, and you think by now I'd get a clue!!! Well, I haven't and yet again today they struck.

2 weeks ago I was nursing Zoe in the bedroom and getting ready to lay her down for her morning nap. During that time frame my older two children got into the kitchen and consumed 7 yoplait yogurts. That is right... SEVEN! Well I guess they actually consumed 6, the 7th one ended up being rubbed all over Trevor's body. When I say all over, I mean ALL over. Oh, and this was all done in Trevor's bedroom. So there was yogurt on the bed, yogurt on the bed rails, yogurt on the floor (carpet), and yogurt all over Trevor. Oh... I was so mad. I made the two of them clean up the mess and they are no longer allowed to get "snacks" without mommy there to help, and if they go behind my back they get in big trouble.

Last week was by far the worst of all their exploits. While I was in the kitchen making dinner and doing dishes Tori and Trevor asked if they could jump on Tori's bed. They wanted to take all the blankets and pillows off and pile them on the floor so they could jump into them. I was proud of them for asking before they wrecked her bed, and I said yes, but they had to clean up the mess when they were done. The bedroom Tori is in now is shared with a changing table for Zoe and the crib. Zoe is still sleeping in our bedroom so I've been using the crib as a storage container. All of our Christmas decorations were in these really beat up cardboard boxes. I decided at Christmas time to wait and get nice plastic bins to store the decorations in. Well I got the bins about a month or so ago, but have yet to actually put the decorations away, so they have still been sitting in the crib waiting to go out to storage. The room was clean before they went in, but that didn't last long. As I was cleaning the kitchen, I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm so glad they play so well together. It is such a blessing to hear them laughing and having fun." That's right, I could hear them laughing...gut laughing....and I enjoyed hearing it. Well that was until Tori came out with her finger covered in blood and fed me the line that Trevor bit her finger. Well, I freaked when I saw the blood and rushed her in the bathroom to clean it up. Now, anyone that knows Tori knows that she is the Queen Mother of all Drama Queen's. If Trevor had actually bit her finger she would be screaming bloody murder, but instead she was calm and almost acting a bit too ok. I knew something else had happened. I then said, "Tori, I know Trevor didn't bite you, so what really happened?" She proceeded to tell me that Trevor wanted to throw "those pretty Christmas balls".... OH MY ... what did she just say. My mind was spinning. I ran into the room and there was glass everywhere!!! I yelled at Trevor, "YOU GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DON'T COME OUT UNTIL I COME TO GET YOU." Then to Tori, "You sit on that chair and DO NOT get up until I am done cleaning this up." I then began to panic. I was thinking of all that could have happened - they could have been cut very, very severely, they could have gotten glass in their eyes, or worse. It made me thank God for his protection and for their guardian angels that had to have been looking out for them. Ok, at this point I am shaking, mad, angry, scared, and crying. I call my mom to tell her to come to the house to help me before I kill my children. She and my dad both came over. My dad came to hold Zoe - which was a huge help, and my mom came to help me clean up the carnage of what was the Christmas bulbs. The following pictures will show the mess they made, and the injuries they definitely avoided....


This is the entry way into the bedroom...
This is all over Tori's bed. Notice the sheets are covered in glass...

The center of the bedroom and location of the worst of it. This was all clean before...
Inside the container which all Zoe's clothes are in (waiting on another dresser)...


The scene of the crime...they climbed in the crib and proceeded to throw the balls against the opposite wall. Matt calls it "target practice"...



Then today, they decided to do some artwork. I called Tori to come out to the living room, where once again I was nursing Zoe. This is what I saw...




Some days I love being home with them and we have the best time ever, but then there are "those other days"....well we just won't go there.

Until our next antic.....

5 Comments:

At March 19, 2008 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Susie said...

oh my GOODNESS!!! i'm glad everything turned out ok!

 
At March 20, 2008 at 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Boy, you've got some stinkers on your hands! I'm glad everyone's okay though...wow. BTW, cute blog :o)

 
At March 28, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Keep the scissors away from those kids. That's what's next!

 
At April 23, 2008 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Jaimee said...

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up right now. Love the marker picture, that is hilarious. Well, it is now, it probably wasn't when you found them. 3 kids is fun, isn't it?

-Jaimee

 
At August 12, 2008 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, the kids haven't been up to any crazy antics lately? I'd love to hear more!

BTW, TAG! You're it! If you're up for a little game, check out my blog... :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home