Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sleep, precious sleep

So, Matt and I have come to the agreement that 5-6 hours of consecutive sleep is far better than 8 hours of broken up sleep. I think in the past 4 nights I've had less than 6 hours of sleep each night, and those 6 hours are broken up into 2-3 hour increments. I'm so tired, and am trying to remind myself that this is a phase and will soon come to an end. The kids all have a cold, so that is only compounding the bad sleep pattern we have going on. The night before last Trevor was up 3 times coughing and crying for mommy. Zoe was also up that night coughing, stuffy and had a fever. Well last night it was Tori's turn. Tori was up FIVE times crying for mommy and saying how her throat was 'itchy'. Trevor was up twice, and Zoe nursed every TWO hours! She's never nursed that often at night. I was up with Zoe at 12:30, 2:30, 4:30 and 6:30. Each time I nursed, changed her diaper, etc...it was almost an hour before I put her back down. So, not only was I up every 2 hours, but I was awake for almost an hour in between.

But, life must go on, right? Matt has a JV baseball game today at 11, so he left the house at 8am. He'll be home around 3ish. In the mean time I still have to feed my children, do some laundry, clean-up the kitchen ....... Although everything in me just wants to become a vegetable and lay around. Ahhhh....the life of a mom. It makes me think back to when all we had was Tori and how I would complain about being tired. Oh, how I wish I had those days back. The days of only one child to tend to! You can rest while they are napping, pack up and leave the house in less than 10 minutes, only buckle one carseat in the car.... BUT - with all that said, I wouldn't trade what I have now for anything. Sleep deprivation and all, I adore the three of them and the moments we spend are priceless and ones I know that I will never get back. Yesterday Trevor brought out the little guitar (toy electric) that we got him for Christmas and he put on a little show for me. It was hilarious. Right now they are in the living room putting a puzzle together. They are awesome.

So, if you are reading this and you got more than 6 hours of consecutive sleep, thank God for it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home